CM9 BlueTooth Fix

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

CM9 BlueTooth Fix

Postby KEgg » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:37 am

Even though it's reported that bluetooth is working in CM9, myself being one to say so, there were still some issues needing sorting out. The main problem, for me anyway, is that CM9 out of box will happily see any bluetooth device, even pair with devices, but will not connect to likes of mice and keyboards, and a few different gamepads.

Anyhow, Christian Troy has given myself a fix to the issue. Basically there's a modules missing.

To Fix ::

Download 'hidp.ko'
http://www.mediafire.com/?181668tdr607n6d
unpack the rar onto your Mk802
Using something like RootExplorer, copy the 'hidp.ko' to /system/lib/modules. You may need to change the write permission for the folder to do so.
Remember to set folder permission back to ReadOnly when finished copying.
make sure that 'hidp.ko' file permissions are set correctly (rw-r--r--) and that the owner is root
navigate to /system/etc/init.d and open '02modules' in a text editor
after the last insmod in the list we will add a new line
insmod /system/lib/modules/hidp.ko
save file
reboot

To be safe when editing, its probably best to use RootExplorer, as it will create backups of edited files, and keep permissions correct. ES FileExplorer, does not do the same, and have fallen foul to it before.
KEgg

Re: CM9 BlueTooth Fix

Postby scorpio16v » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:21 am

What's not working for you ? As I mentioned in another thread, I've tested a few gamepads and it worked.
What is fixed with the missing module for your bt dongle that didn't work before ? Is this module needed for a special bt chipset or might it be helpfull for all devices ?
scorpio16v

Postby KEgg » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:35 am

scorpio16v wrote:What's not working for you ? As I mentioned in another thread, I've tested a few gamepads and it worked.
What is fixed with the missing module for your bt dongle that didn't work before ? Is this module needed for a special bt chipset or might it be helpfull for all devices ?

I know you said that in another thread... Even bought the BT dongle you suggested... Everything was pairing, but nothing connecting for me.. three nights of trying various BT dongles.. Keyboards, Mice, BT game pads.. nothing, not a single connection made.. Christian understood my issue, recognised that there was a missing module.. and now it all works.. Question I have here is what's different about your setup?
KEgg

Postby scorpio16v » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:48 am

For Sixaxis, you must use the app Sixaxis Controller. It used his own driver, I believe.
For icontrollpad, bluezIME is the gate between bt and keyboard input.
But I have problems to connect my bt keyboard, I see. Will test your tipp.

edit:
Yes, your tipp worked emediately for my bt keyboard. :D
scorpio16v

Postby KEgg » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:15 pm

scorpio16v wrote:But I have problems to connect my bt keyboard, I see. Will test your tipp.

Well this will fix that, and other BT related issues..

Anyhow I still have an issue thats related to sixaxis controller app, as its not behaving in the same way as it does on my Xoom (does not recognise ps3 controller as generic gamepad (when selected in preferences) and have to use its IME, which you shouldn't have to.. think this might be related to its own driver, and the version is not properly compiled for the AllWinner Kernel).. any ideas?
KEgg

Postby scorpio16v » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Tested some other devices. My Galaxy S3 and a BT-GPS device.
After pairing, the devices where listed under "pairing devices" and then went back to "available" devices. Maybe there are no bt profiles set on CM9, the mk802 can handle with ?
scorpio16v

Postby gkeniti » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:41 pm

After following this procedure I could pair and use a BT mouse using a cheap dongle. Thanks KEgg!

Sadly I couldn't use sisaxix controller. It pairs but can't use any button to control interface or emulator. Maybe we should contact the developer to find the reason.
gkeniti

Postby Boekel » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Does anyone know how this works on a MK802II?
Because the '/system/lib/modules/' directory doesn't exsist.
Boekel

Postby dankorzon » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:01 pm

It looks like the mk802II modules are either in /vendor/modules or /system/vendor/modules .... i'll test and report back when I can.
dankorzon

Postby 2Damage » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:05 am

anybody got the solution for MK802 II bluetooth? I can't find " /system/etc/init.d" in the MK802 II. Where is this file located in MK802 II???
2Damage

Next

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum